There are 4 basic resources:
- Iron: Iron is used to train units, construct buildings, and upgrade buildings
- Oil: Oil is used to train units, construct buildings, and upgrade buildings
- Money: Money is used to construct buildings, upgrade buildings, and research new units and buffs
- Fuel: Fuel is produced by refineries and consumed by units. If you run out of fuel, units will be destroyed until fuel consumption is no longer negative.
There are 2 advanced resources:
- Titanium: Titanium is used to train super powered units
- Uranium: Uranium is used to train super powered units
Iron, oil, titanium, and uranium patches can be found in the world. Try and establish bases that have resource patches. The higher level the patch the more output it will have.
The closer to the center of the world you get, the higher level a resource patch will be. Titanium and uranium only exist in the center of the world and are limited. They can be mined out and you will have to hunt around for a new patch.